Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Feeling pretty good

So it has been awhile since I posted and I figured I should update.

It looks like the house situation is gonna work out.
There is a house available in our current ward that is still 5 bedrooms and just a little bit smaller but costs $180 less a month. So that is cool. I must say I have never chosen a house before because of what ward it was in. I have done that with the schools but when I was searching for rentals I seriously couldn't bring myself to really consider anything not in this ward. I have lived in A LOT of different wards. In fact I counted it up and this will be our FOURTEENTH move. 14!!!! in 16 years!!! How am I not insane?! (okay I actually might be slightly insane, but whatever)
What that all translates into (besides the need for Prozac) is I have been in a lot of wards.

Some people might say that in isn't actually the ward that is so awesome but just other things that are affecting my judgement. Now I do acknowledge that I am in a pretty good place in my life right now.
Things have been going pretty well for us.
I just sent my last kid off to school so I have time to myself,
(to think of excuses of why I can't do the laundry)
I have no potty training going on ever again!
Having the kid old enough to babysit
is like the greatest thing ever to happen to me (Date nights rock)
The kids all sleep thru the night usually

But I don't think my good lifeness is affecting my ability to assess the ward situation.
There is just something about this area, the 'Copa.

I really think it is because Maricopa is such a new town. Just a few years ago there was only about 3,000 people here, (about the size of Snowflake, AZ). Then came the housing developments. Lots and lots of them. They estimate Maricopa at about 30,000 now. So that means

EVERYONE IS NEW!

Generally people have only lived here a year or two, the old timers have lived here 3 years. I've decided that means

Everyone is looking for a friend.

It has been sooo easy to make friends here. I have never had as many friends as I do here in 4th Ward. The last ward I was in was in a small town where the families had been around for decades. People had had the same friends since high school! Or they would just be doing stuff with their own family. They didn't need any more friends.

There is something too, I think about the fact that all the houses are kind of the same. I usually have lived in a sad, run down (cheap) house, and would feel self conscious about inviting people over. But here everyone has a newish house, in one shade or another of tan. At first it was kind of annoying all the sameness, but now I view it almost as an equalizer. I think it makes you focus more on getting to know the person, you want to see differences, so you don't all blend into tan blandness.

It really has been so awesome to have friends to do things with. Game nights, GNO, Ugly dress party! (see older blog) bowling (another blog), Ikea shopping, late night mischief (tee hee) (see Jolenes blog),or just hanging out and chatting.
My new awesome friend Jen and I are planning a 1984 highschool reunion party for next month. Some seriously silly fun.
(If you want to like fur shure be on the guest list give me a howdy in the comments section)

There are some very cool fun people here in the 'Copa.
Check out my blog list to see for yourself.
if you are very cool (or even semi cool) and for some reason NOT on my blog list leave me a comment and I will add you.

I realize now I LOVE being around fun people.
Why has it taken me so long to realize this?
I think I was too busy being stressed out to see it.

Fun is way better than stress

just in case you didn't know that.
So it looks like we will be moving in a few weeks. LAME! I despise moving. AGAIN! But I should be use to it by now.

At least I won't have to give up my 'Copa gals.

Yay for new friends!

And e squeeze to all my old ones I've made in my batrillion moves. Love you too ladies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you have to move AGAIN! No fun! You are so right, Maricopa is so great. Friendliness wise it's just not quite the same here or maybe anywhere. I wish I could come to your 1984 party, that sounds like fuuuuun. Miss you guys. Will you email me I have a question for you about a family up here and I don't really want to ask it on here? dps625@msn.com

jenjen said...

I love that you are staying close...I love that we are friends! I love that we are planning a really super awesome fun 1984 High School reunion! Jen Mix

Autumn Wilkins said...

We just moved to Maricopa and we love it too! And you're right about everyone being so friendly. It's made this the easiest/best move ever! We joke that we moved to "Stepford" because everyone seems to be sweet and smiley. Love it! Glad you're staying in our ward!