Monday, February 9, 2009

My big day

Well I have reached a milestone in mommy years.

My youngest child is in all day Kindergarten.

Holy cow, oh my gosh,

now what?

What I find interesting is all the things I use to day dream about doing as I chased all those babies around the house for the last 15 years (Adam's birthday is next month)
all those big plans I made for the time when my days would be my own...
I really have no desire to do!

I know what I am about to say is shocking and maybe even offensive to some but now that I have some time on my hands
I have NO desire to scrapbook!

I know SHOCKING! I was surpised too! For those of you who don't know, at one point in my life I was a pretty avid scrapper, but as baby #5 came I just could never find the time and always said to myself *someday*. Well now this day is here and I have a Bzillion photos to scrap, and no desire to scrapbook them. I have even considered just slipping them into those page photo holders and being done with it all! (I LOVE taking pictures and if I don't have a camera with me I find myself daydreaming of the photos I would take!) I seriously and still kind surpised at myself.

So here is the freaky thing
I have no plan
and that in itself sounds kind of appealing.

Right now any of you who know me well are saying "who are you and what have you done with the real Leah?!?

What LEAH doesn't have any plans?

I have a bad habit of planning to death my days to ensure that NO fun ever happens and that I run around with my head chopped off never actually accomplish anything!

But not today....

I can do whatever I want.

Which probably will wind up being dishes, laundry, mop kitchen floor,

But also

go to the library and check out
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin

and read *guilt free*

because no child is banging on my bathroom door, "starving" because I am trying to get thru a chapter (or in other words -the entire book) in one day.
"Go eat a slice of bread!!!"
because I am home alone!
bathtub here I come!

1 comment:

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Sounds like you have a lot of fun time on your hands to come play with me! Ha ha... if only it were than easy! Hey, I just tagged you. Check out the last post on my blog, you know what to do. :)