Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ugly update!





My mom let me borrow her camera cable to down load my pictures! Thanks mom! So here are some of my shots.





The hunt for the ugly dress begins.


Actually this was the third store that I had been to!

Who knew it would be so hard to find an ugly dress!

I think the blue one with the thigh ruffles is pretty bad! I wish now that I would have gotten that one then Jen and I would have had semi-matching dresses!! That red one hanging on the door was the thickest polyester ever made to bad it was too small. I actually had a ton of fun the Monday before shopping with Jen Mix and my sil Emily. We laughed A LOT. People just looked at us. We explained our party to a few people that were looking at us funny as we wailed
"that one is hideous you must buy it!" I loved the dress Jen got. I really wanted something that bordered on clown-like. I decided the yellow polka-dot dress actually was actually TO clown like (can't you just see me with a bad wig and a red spongy nose?)
But alas anything that was exactly what I wanted would not fit over my giant butt.
Bummer (literally!)



So I went for the 'flashy' category with the all sequence top (which my mom and sister both loved and my sister wants now that the party is over so she can wear it. Where would you wear an all sequence top?!?) Seriously shiny and a little bit scratchy too. My favorite part of preparing for the party after dress shopping was making the bouquet. I bought some flowers when we dress shopping only to remember when I got home I already owned some! That made for lots of lovely peach, yellow and orange floral arrangements. The funny thing is I patterned it after my own 1993 bouquet with the giant flower "tail". All that was lacking was the spiral curled ribbons hanging off of it. Playing toss the bouquet was too funny and some people are apparently pro's at it. Diana won the night by catching it twice while being mega prego!
Here is the fanTASTical Wedding cake that Chelsea Jenkins made. I think she did a lovely job. We spent quite some time getting that frosting the perfect shade of peach. Perfection!
I just love the paper towel 'napkins', just the right touch. In case you missed it in my previous blog the theme was Bad wedding (circa 1984). Some of the girls did not come wearing a truly ugly dress, but that is okay we love them anyway. We made Yovanie put on the wedding dress I got for $10 at a 2nd hand store. It kind of smell like old storage unit sorry Yovanie! You are such a good sport.

I think over all it was a super fun night and that everyone had fun. Thirteen girls came (my sil and Jeanette Masters came late and missed being in the group shot) so that was a pretty great turn out. It was fantastic to get to know some more of the girls in the ward and to just make new friends. Thanks to everyone that came and supported my slightly insane side.

A very special thanks to my super friend Jen Mix for being willing to do whatever my twisted mind came up with. She is seriously awesome! (this shade of blue almost matches her lovely gown!)

Yay for tacky fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like fun...Hey I am so horrible, I did not even know you moved. What a good friend. Sounds like life is treating you good. I have the same problem with not being able to keep a clean house. Good luck
Sandra Wilhelm