Sunday, March 1, 2009

Silly Fun

Sometimes ya just got to be silly.

I have determined this to be very important

hence the Ugly Dress Party. It is a party which you are required to where a horrible dress, you know the kind that you might be forced to wear at a wedding as a bridesmaid, the idea is based of the movie "27 dresses".

It was way fun and just too silly.

I am ultra sad that I can not locate my cable for my camera or get my sd card reader on my computer to work so that I may show you the evidence of the silliness that was had by all

but here is a link from a super fun gal that was there that night.

http://jolenegeorge.blogspot.com/2009/02/ugly-dress-party.html


I will still work on figuring out a way to get my pictures up.

It started on Monday when we began the search for the ugliest dresses at second hand stores (the stories there could be a blog unto themselves!!) My cool friend Jen Mix and I hosted the party and plotted the wacky fun. Chelsea Jenkins made a fanTABulous ugly wedding cake to go with the theme of Ugly Wedding. We had plenty of peach and orange fake flowers and some hideous gold bows to top it off. We even gave horrible tacky "wedding gifts" as prizes. We did have a fashion show and voting for the worst dresses. It was hilarious! It was so hard to pick the "winners"!

The game I think everyone enjoyed the most was the "toss the hideous bouquet". Lots of laughing. I think the best part of the night though, was just laughing and chatting with awesome women. Jen offered up her house for the awful display of ugliness because she had a projector so we could watch the movie in style. It was so much fun there was a total of 13 gals including me and Jen. It was a great turn out and just too much fun. It is so nice to just get to know people and hang out.

I love how no matter how different your life might be
women are so much the same
we all need friends
and a good laugh.
Yay for new friendships!
So sad for the people who couldn't make it :(
And if for some reason you did not get an evite just leave a post and we will make sure you are on the list next time.

Oh yes there will be more silly fun in the near future.

2 comments:

John and Dana Lyn said...

Those pictures had me laughing so hard. It looks like you guys had an AWESOME time. I would LOVE an invite for your next "Silly Fun" get-together.

Leah said...

yay! Dana you are on the list!